Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Airline Accident

Though many are afraid to fly because they fear an airline accident, there really isn’t as much to be worried about as you might think. They say it is safer to fly than it is to drive, but I have mixed feelings about that. Though airline accidents are indeed so rare that they make news, you have to think about your chances for survival. The good news is that many of the times when something goes wrong with a plane you don’t even know it, and everyone gets out safely.

When you are in a car, you know you have a chance to survive an accident. However, if you are in an airline accident, you know what is going to happen. If you are flying through the air and the plane crashes to earth, you are probably not going to survive it. I guess it depends on how you look at it. Many times when there is an airline accident it is on the ground or perhaps happens during landing. This is when your chances of survival are highest. Though this is not always the case, you have to consider the size of the plane. A huge place will offer a bit more cushion than an automobile, don’t you think?

If you are worried about an airline accident, you might want to do some research. When you see the numbers of people who actually die each year in an airline accident you will find the number to be amazingly low. I remember doing research on the subject and was shocked to see the numbers of people who die in auto accidents. It does seem to put you at ease a bit when you think about the numbers.

Though you might be frightened when you go on a plane for the first time, you will feel better if you know your chances for being in an airline accident are slim. I know the first time I flew was terrifying yet exhilarating for me at the same time. I was worried about an airline accident, but I didn’t let that stop me from living my life. I had the most amazing time when I went away, and it was worth the fear I felt when I first stepped onto the plane. It’s a matter of perspective really. You are always in danger of dying, but you have to know that the odds are with you when you fly.

No comments: